Over the past 7 years, we have explored many different Nordic ski areas across the Pacific Northwest. Here’s a map of all the places we’ve skied, and a review of each area.
Our Scoring System
Each area is rated on a scale of 1 to 5, based on the average of the following criteria:
- Amenities This includes parking, rentals, lessons, huts, etc.
- Price Is the price of the season or day pass worth the experience?
- Trail System How many mi/km of skiing is offered? Is there a variety of trails for skiers of all abilities?
- Grooming How often are the trails groomed? Is the deck firm enough to glide easily?
- Snow Quality What kind of snow does the area get usually? Wet and heavy snow, or light and fluffy?
- Scenery Is there a variety of scenery on the trails? Pretty views make sweating up hills worth it!
- Community and Trail Etiquette Is the Nordic ski area maintained and cared for by the community? Is there a ‘scene’ of devoted Nordic skiers? Do users of the trail follow the rules?